Ultimate Lawn Grass Seed Guide
A complete guide to establishing a beautiful lawn grass for a third of the cost of sod! For information on which lawn grass variety will best fit your application please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you!
- Remove old vegetation to prepare a clean seed bed.
- Lawns: use a De-Thatcher, Power Rake or Rota Tiller to kill/remove existing vegetation and prepare a clean seed bed.
- Drag area to loosen and level any hard or uneven spots if needed.
- Apply fertilizer at 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. for lawns.
- Apply seed at 2-10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Drag, rake or roll to lightly cover the seed not deeper than 1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- Apply lawn irrigation for 30 minutes each evening until soil is damp and germination has occurred.
- Irrigate newly seeded lawns every other day until the grass reaches six inches.
- After the grass reaches six inches in height water three times a week if needed.
- Reapply fertilizer at 5 lbs per 1000 sq. ft. for lawns.
- Keep the lawn mowed at 2-4 inches during the establishment process.
Lawns - (Refer to seeding rate listed in product discription.)
Apply 1-10 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Overseed lawn areas at 1-5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Mow at 3-5 inches regularly.
- Fertilize with 2-3 lbs. per 1000 square feet three times a year.
- Irrigate established lawns during extreme dry spells.
- Over seed with annual rye grass in October for winter coverage.
|Environment||Bahia||Bermuda||Carpet||Centipede||Seashore Paspalum||St. Augustine||Zoysia|
|Area Adapted||Statewide||Statewide||Wet Areas||Statewide||Statewide||Statewide||Statewide|
|Mowing Height (inches)||3-4||.5-1.5||1.5-2||1.5-2||1-2||1.5-4||1-2|
|Soil||Acid, Sandy||Wide Range||Acid, Wet||Acid, Infertile||Wide Range||Wide Range||Wide Range|
|Drought Tolerance||Excellent||Good||Poor||Medium||Good||Very Poor||Medium|
|Nematod Tolerance||Very Good||Poor||Poor||Poor||Good||Good||Poor|
|Maintenance Levels||Low||Medium||Low||Low||Medium||Very High||High|
|Uses||Lawns||Athletic Fields||Wet Areas||Lawns||Lawns, Atlethic, Golf||Lawns||Lawns|
|Establishment Methods||Seed, Sod||Seed, Sod, Sprigs, Plugs||Seed, Sprigs||Seed, Sod, Sprigs, Plugs||Seed, Sod, Sprigs, Plugs||Sod, Sprigs, Plugs||Seed, Sod, Sprigs, Plugs|